Thursday, September 23, 2010

Baby Mine...

Rest your head close to my heart, Never to part, baby of mine! I am still so very happy and at moments tears fill my eyes when I realize the adoption is final. Rayne is adorable and has filled a place in my heart that I never really knew was empty until she came into my life. During this adoption process I began to wonder about other adoptive people and I checked out google.  Did you know Carol Burnett was raised by her grandmother and so was John Keats as was Oprah Winfrey. Other famous adoptees are Maya Angelou, Faith Hill, Ella Fitzgerald, Ingrid Bergman, Scott Hamilton, Steve Jobs - founder of Apple, Eleanor Roosevelt, Aristotle and Andrew Jackson. While we were at the Japanese Tea Gardens we met two charming 4 year old girls and one happened to be named: Abigail Grace and the other was Faith. Both were adopted from CPS when they were 3 days olds. Rayne just happens to be 3 months old and we are already a family with wonderful supportive extended family. This thrills my heart and I thank God for this amazing opportunity to be apart of something so absolutely amazing! She brings me joy and has made my life deeper and richer.  So look forward to celebrating her adoption birthday for years to come!

2 comments:

  1. It was an awesome day and I am grateful to have been a part of it! Had lunch with Brenda today and was telling her all about it! She is so happy for you....AND me....for ALL of us!! Welcome to MOTHERHOOD!

    ReplyDelete